I was able to get a picture with Dale Dougherty, that was pretty cool
Here are some highlights from the press conference:
- 12,000 Makers participating in the 2015 MakerFaire
- Expected Attendance: 30,000-40,000 people
- The spirit of the Bay Area promoted the creation of MakerFaire in 2005
- Makers are selected by by how they seem to interact with others
- Dougherty said that what he likes the most is how International MakerFaire events reflect the culture of the area.
The 2 new programs that were emphasized were:
School MakerFaire: a guide to how schools can easily create their own MakerFaires
MakerSpace.com: the official online community for MakerFaire
The exhibits available on the preview day included Pilars of fire, Battleboat Arenas, and Many 3d printing exhibits. Here are some pictures.